Rural Private Hospitals Association of Kenya (RUPHA)
Rural Private Hospitals Association of Kenya (RUPHA) is a first of its kind association, a non-political society of privately-owned medical centres, outpatient centres, ambulatory care centres, rehabilitation centres, nursing homes, diagnostic centers and hospitals with coverage within the 47 counties in Kenya.
We speak for Rural Health Facilities in Kenya AS WELL AS urban Hospitals and clinics serving medically underserved populations (MUP’s). RUPHA also builds economies of scale and formsnegotiating blocs to uplift the welfare of its member facilities.
The health providers shall serve the following health spaces in Kenya
• Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs)
• Medically Underserved Areas (MUAs)
• Medically Underserved Populations (MUPs)
Members currently operate under the outpatient capitated scheme or the inpatient contract B with NHIF
Members currently operate under the outpatient capitated scheme or the inpatient contract B with NHIF.
- To develop and continuously update criteria that define the above healthcare deficit populations and areas for the purpose of its membership.
- To advice on and seek to influence innovations in payment systems for healthcare.
- To provide members with executive and technical leadership in health policy, health administration and health delivery.
- To establish branches and other administrative offices countrywide for the purposes of delivering on its mission.
- To increase partnerships and linkages between our members and different stakeholders in regards to different services and products to members across the country. As RUPHA we will create partnerships with different stakeholders to benefit our members.
- To build economies of scale and negotiating blocs to uplift the welfare for our members grow and expand their care centers.
- To offer member education through different trainings with our partners to help members make informed choices in management of facilities